Saturday, May 24, 2014

Joel & Kim Kwabi wedding


  Kim and Joel Wedding Part II
This summer, I designed elements for friends Kim and Joel Kwabi's wedding! 

Kim & Joel Wedding Part I

Kim gave me a sample of an invitation that she liked, which was watercolor style cherry blossom trees with traditional formal script. I had a painting session one saturday morning and was taken back to the Asian Sumi-art lesson I had in my highschool art class with Mrs. Strangfeld.  It's a minimal kind of painting and you really have to loosen up and paint a lot of trees and branches to get into a flow.

So excited when they came in the mail and saw the excellent printing job! I  took a quick photo to send to Kim.
This is my first time using Vistaprint.com.  I highly recommend this site for printing. The color came out exactly as I had on screen.  The 100lb white stock was great quality and provided just a little bit of texture.  They include free envelopes (Kim and I had already gone to Paper Presentation in NYC to get some fancy envelopes though.)  I got a 40% off discount using a promotional code, so the price was the best I could find anywhere.  When I got them in the mail, they were tightly packed with clear bands.  All were cut the same way, none were a little off-register like I've seen with other online printing companies.

The only issue I had was that the 5x7 (standard A7 size) is more like 4.75 x 7.25 which fits very tightly in a standard A7 envelope.

In an hour or so I had cut all the RSVP/Information cards in half for Kim, ready to stuff and send out to her guests.  Excited to design the menu and program next.

No comments: