Saturday, December 17, 2016

Merry Christmas Card 2016!

While brainstorming what I might want to do for my illustrated Christmas card this year, I found myself thinking a lot about, the Christmas movie, Elf.  I also love illustrated maps because they are so whimsical and fun.  So, my Christmas card illustration for 2016 is in homage to Buddy-the-Elf's voyage to New York City from the North Pole.

"I passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel"- Buddy the Elf 

On the back, I included a classic Buddy Elf quote and Luke 2:10 which is quoting the angel that came to the shepherds announcing Jesus' arrival.

I printed through vistaprint.com and got the linen finish postcards, which I love.  I went for the custom envelopes with my return postage design printed on the front and a row of 'swirly twirly gum drops' along the top of the back.
 
Merry Christmas! 
  But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people;"  Luke 2:10

No comments: