Friday, December 14, 2012

My Sister's Wedding

It's been a fun year (or two).  I gained a brother-in-law this year.  :)   I had such an amazing time planning and designing the shower and then coordinating with my sister to design the elements for her wedding reception.  I love coming up with concepts and themes and planning parties to reflect the personal style of the individual(s).  It's especially fun to design parties for the people I love.  Looking back, I am really happy with how it all came out.


First, the 'Save-the-date'.  Lisa knew that she wanted to do 'Nautical Nantucket' themed wedding with blues and muted reds.  Using the amazing photographs that April K took over the Summer in Nantucket, I designed this, which got printed on 4.25" x 6.25" magnets.  See April's post of their engagement shoot here;  http://www.aprilkphoto.com/nantucket-engagement-shoot-matt-lisa/



Bridal Shower!  I was so excited (as maid-of-honor) to plan and design a shower for my sis.  Mom came up with 'Something Blue' theme.  I went with the idea of mixing white and varying shades of blue with patterns (dot, chevron, stripes . . ).  Tableware, from Party City, were polka-dot Carribean blue and Patrotic blue mixed with blue solids.  Chevron table runners, food and drink signs and a banner were handmade to pull together all of the different patterns and shades of blue.


Wedding Invitation!  The wedding was going to be in York, Maine.  Lisa and Matt both love the beach and New England. 'Nantucket Red' and 'Nautical Blue' were the decided colors for the New England Coast themed wedding.  My sister gave me full reign with designing this invitation. I illustrated a lighthouse card to stick over the ribbon belt and custom made a direction card map illustrating the specific landmarks of their wedding day in York. 

The Reception.  Hydrangeas, Lighthouses, Seersucker fabric and Framed Signs. Lisa had neck ties made with seersucker fabric for the groom/groomsmen and then, with the extra fabric, had table squares made for the centerpieces.  We ordered lighthouse tea light candle holders, which fit perfectly into the theme. The Florist provided blue Hyrdrageas mixed with red berries set in low square vases.  I designed a sticker for the favor boxes, which Lisa and Matt filled with York,ME Goldenrod taffy. 


Plastic Favor Boxes : www.Papermart.com  
Lighthouse tea-light holders: Grasslands Road Inc.
Favor box stickers : www.Uprinting.com 
Photography: April K  www.aprilkphoto.com

Lisa loves quotes and framed signs.  I designed a bunch of signs and quotes that we framed and were placed around the reception room.




Flip Flop Baskets & Lighthouse Tea light holders : Grasslands Road Inc.
Photography: April K  www.aprilkphoto.com

The Bridal Party took a York Trolley bus to and from the church to the reception.  Before the reception, we took photos together at the Nubble lighthouse. 

Photography: April K  www.aprilkphoto.com
See her blog post of LIsa and Matt's wedding here; 
http://www.aprilkphoto.com/lisa-matty-wedding-at-union-bluff-meeting-house-york-me/

No comments: